The 100% volunteer Alert Fire Co. No. 1 hosted our 49th. Annual Chicken Bar-B-Que and Bake Sale and it was a great success.
We would like to thank all of you, who supported our event during a great sunny day. We sold 578 dinners on Saturday, thanks to the generous support of everybody who came out. Our goal each year is to sell-out at 600 dinners, although we were 22 dinners short this year, we were extremely happy with our results!
This is our largest fund-raiser of the year and and we do appreciate all of the support and well wishes that our customers gave us during the BBQ. We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our volunteers who helped prepare for this event on Wednesday and Friday nights, then again starting at 7:30 AM and ending at 10:00 PM on Saturday. Without the dedication of our volunteers, their families and friends, we cannot produce this annual fundraising event that so many people look forward to each year!
Congratulations to our long-time customer, Louise DeMucci who won our 50/50 drawing!
In addition, we would like to thank the following organizations who donated items to the annual BBQ, so that we can keep our cost to our customers at only $13.00 per meal:
- WAWA Food Market (Iced Tea)
- Pepperidge Farm (Dinner Rolls and Goldfish)
- Wegmans and Giant Food Stores (Gift Card, so that we can purchase ingredients)
- Chester County Propane (Propane Tank Refill to cook our Secret Sauce)
- Bakers of Buffington (Baked Goods for the Bake Sale)
- Farmhouse Coffee (Baked Goods for the Bake Sale)
And, the following Social Media and Websites for posting our advertisement:
- Downingtown Area Historial Society
- Downingtown Borough
- Downingtown-Thorndale Regional Chamber of Commerce
- The Town Dish